As we head into the cooler and drier fall and winter months, it’s time to change up some of the products that we use in our haircare routines. Of course, if using products that you already have feels right to you, stick with your regime. We’re recommending three curly girl hair products for your fall routine.
But if you’re looking to add some extra moisture into your lovely coils and curls as northern hemisphere temperatures drop, you’re going to want to get in on these product recommendations. We’ve found these by watching videos by famed beauty YouTuber Amanda Walker, and if you haven’t checked out her channel yet, it’s definitely worth your time.
If you can’t wait to learn more about some amazingly moisturizing products to add to your hair care routine, keep on reading.
A Curl-Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner
Are you looking for a restorative, sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner duo that’s going to make your ends shine? If so, Amanda Walker recommends the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Yogurt Shampoo & Conditioner.
While many of the items in her video are available at Walmart, the really amazing thing is that you can also get these items on Amazon from the comfort of your home. Considering how hair products are biased towards straight hair, this accessibility is a godsend.
One satisfied customer wrote a five-star review and had this to say, “I have been using Shea Moisture Manuka Honey shampoo for about three years and have been very happy with it. I do not need to use conditioner after it and it prevents my gray hair from being dry in the dry southwestern part of the country. The only time I have noticed a strong fragrance is sometimes at the beginning of a new bottle. I think the fragrance may migrate to the top of the bottle during storage since it becomes very subtle when the bottle is further emptied. To tell you the truth I cannot remember for sure what the scent is-coconut I think. I just smelled my half full bottle and the fragrance is so subtle I cannot identify it. Shaking may prevent the temporary strong fragrance that others have noted. I recommend this shampoo.”
A Nourishing Mask Just for Curls
If you love coloring your hair or feel like it’s been getting super dry with the seasons, getting the right kind of hair mask is crucial. But the gel mask that Amanda uses isn’t just for any dry hair. Its formula is especially for those with beautiful curls.
The Carol’s Daughter Almond Milk Ultra-Nourishing Mask not only protects against damage. It also helps to reverse any that you might have from heat tools, dry weather, or any other stressors that your hair might’ve endured.
This hair mask is the perfect treat for your hair as we get closer and closer to fall. A great secret about having a hair mask, in general, is this:
You can apply a little bit of it to your ends after you get out of the shower to use as a leave-in conditioner so that you don’t have to purchase a separate one.
The product description reads as follows:
- “Ultra-Nourishing Hair Mask: Our Almond Milk Hair Mask helps repair broken, over-processed hair so it looks and feels softer and healthier for longer, reversing damage from the inside out.
- For Damaged Hair: Carol’s Daughter Almond Milk Shampoo, Conditioner, Leave-In Conditioner, and Ultra-Nourishing Hair Mask are all blended to repair daily damage; Paraben-free, petroleum-free, mineral oil-free.
- Almond Milk For Naturally Curly Hair: Created for naturally curly hair, from the short-cropped 4c curly hairstyle to 1c waves, we use the ingredients your curls crave, like Sweet Almond Oil, Aloe and Shea Butters, and proteins.”
A Curl Enhancing Butter
Finally, top off your hair care routine with an amazing moisture butter that’s going to quench and define your curls in a soft and touchable way. You really can’t go wrong with curly hair products from Carol’s Daughter.
So you’re going to love their Coco Crème Curl + Coil Enhancing Butter, just like the hundreds of customers on Amazon who have also added this excellent product into their hair care routine.
The product description reads as follows:
- “Moisture Butter: Enhance your coils with this buttery, coil enhancing styling cream, blended with our Coco Crème to help to add long-lasting definition, shine, and touchable softness.
- Extra Moisture For Curly Hair: Quench the thirst of extremely dry hair with Coco Crème Sulfate-Free Shampoo, Creamy Conditioner, Velvet Cream Hair Mask, and Moisture Butter for hydrated, defined curls and coils.
- Nourish Naturally Curly Hair: Created for naturally curly hair, from the short-cropped 4c curly hairstyle to 1c waves, we use the ingredients your curls crave, like sweet almond oils, shea butter, and coconut oil.
- Carol’s Daughter Curly Hair Products: Whether your curls are coiled, kinky, or loose, we make products for curly hair of all kinds, including curl custard, gel for curly hair, shampoo, conditioner, and hair oils for natural hair growth.
- Made With Love: Carol’s Daughter was born in a Brooklyn kitchen in 1993 and made with a mother’s love and encouragement; Today we carry a full line of hair care products and body and skin care products.”
One buyer who absolutely loves everything about the cream from the scent to the effect it has notes, that they “used it as a leave-in and styling cream. [Their] hair stays moisturized for days and my curls look great. Once they start to look dry, [they] just add more and boom! Great curls all over again.”
If you’d to see more of the products for fall that Amanda Walker shares, check out her channel. You’re sure to find some other products that your hair is just going to love. You should never feel discouraged, as there’s plenty of great hair products for us Curly Girls.
If you haven’t been able to get out to the hair salon and feel like you need a trim, also check out How to Trim Your Curly Hair at Home.