Living gluten free can be tough, and it is difficult to go out to a restaurant and have a gluten free meal. Although there are gluten free recipes all over the internet, it is difficult to discover recipes that contain gluten without compromising your taste buds. Look no further than the list we have created below to whip up some mouth watering recipes.
We are here to help you live out your gluten-free fantasy with four flavorful recipes that will make an amazing meal:
“Many healthy foods are naturally gluten-free, including fruits, vegetables, legumes, certain whole grains, dairy products, and oils, as well as fresh meat, fish, and poultry.”-HealthLine
Bacon Ranch Quesadillas
Bacon and ranch? Is there a better combo? Grab some gluten-free tortillas because you are about to prepare an easy dinner that does not skimp on taste. These quesadillas can make an excellent party treat for your guests. This quick meal has a total prep and cook time of less than fifteen minutes. You can up the spice factor as much as you like with your choices of salsa and cheese. If you are trying to be low-fat, turkey bacon can be a worthwhile alternative. That first cheesy bite will have your taste buds watering for more.
- 6 Slices of bacon
- 8 Gluten-free tortillas
- 2 Cup of shredded cheese
- 1 Cup of stemless chopped spinach
- 1/2 Cup of salsa
- 1/2 Cup of ranch dressing
- Cook bacon in a skillet, set aside to cool and break it up once cooled off.
- Grease skillet, place tortilla in the pan, sprinkle cheese, bacon and spinach.
- Place another tortilla on top, cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, flip and repeat.
- Remove from heat and slice into wedges.
- Prepare dip by mixing salsa and ranch together.
Baked Potato Soup
Baked potato soup is filling and great for dinner. It’s perfect on a cold day to help warm you up. Prepare this soup to create a reliable comfort food that is fairly simple to make. This is a one-pot recipe, which means easy clean up and low prep time. Adding bacon gives the soup a little more texture, perfect for meat-lovers. Peeling those potatoes can be a hassle, but for a recipe this good, it is most definitely worth the work.
- ¼ Cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ Cups of diced onion
- 3 Large russet potatoes
- 1 Cup of raw cashews
- 6 Cloves of garlic
- 6 Cups of chicken stock
- 1 Tsp of nutritional yeast
- 1 Tsp of salt
- 1 Tsp of pepper
- Heat olive oil in pot over medium heat and sauté onions for 5 minutes.
- Peel and dice potatoes, then add them into the pot along with cashews, garlic, chicken stock, and yeast.
- Stir the pot.
- Turn to low heat and cover pot for 20 minutes, stirring as needed.
- Add salt and pepper to serve.
Chicken Curry is quick and simple recipe that has a delicious creamy coconut curry sauce. This dish is incredibly colorful and will make your tastebuds pop. It is easy to make, and leftovers can easily be refrigerated and reheated later without any additional prep. Is there anything better than cooking a meal and then getting two out of it? Very mild and fantastic for kids, this recipe is the perfect gluten-free-family-pleaser.
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs of boneless chicken cut into cubes
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp of ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp of cumin
- 1 Tbsp of curry powder
- 1 ½ Tsp of garam masala
- 1 ½ Tsp of ground coriander
- 1 Tsp of salt
- 1 Can (400ml) of coconut milk
- 1 Can (18oz) of diced tomatoes
- 3 sliced carrots
- 15 quartered baby potatoes
- 1 ½ Cup of green beans
- ½ Cup of lemon juice
- 2 cups of dried rice
- Heat oil over medium heat in pot, add chicken, cook until it is no longer pink and then add it to a clean plate.
- Sauté onions for 5 minutes, add ginger and spices and cook for an additional minute.
- Add coconut milk, return chicken to the pot and stir.
- Add diced tomatoes, carrots and baby potatoes.
- Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes stirring as needed.
- Cook dried rice.
- Turn off heat, add green beans and lemon juice, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve on rice.
Shredded Chicken Enchilada Soup
This dish has all the essence of enchiladas without all the prep time. Soup is an easy way to create gluten-free recipes that will not sound too crazy. You can make this enchilada soup recipe in a slow cooker, crock pot, or on the stove top. This dish contains multiple spices that gives it just the right hit of spice and exquisite flavor. If chicken broth is not your cup of tea, try vegetable instead, different flavor but still worth a try.
- 2 Tsp of olive oil
- 1 Brown onion
- 1 Large red bell pepper
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 2 Cups of chicken broth
- 1 Cup of water
- 2 Cans (15oz) of black beans
- 2 Cans (15oz) of sweet corn
- 1 Small can of tomato paste
- 1 Tsp of salt
- 1 Tsp of pepper
- 1 lb Chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp of dried oregano
- 2 Tsp of cumin powder
- 2 Tsp of paprika powder
- 1 Tsp of onion powder
- 1 Tsp of garlic powder
- 2 Tsp of cayenne pepper
- Sour cream (dollop per bowl)
- Grated cheese
- 1 avocado
- Heat oil over medium heat in large pot, sauté onions, peppers and garlic for 5 minutes
- Add spices and sauté for an additional minute
- Add chicken broth, turn heat to height and bring to a boil
- Add all additional ingredients (barring sour cream, cheese and avocado) to the pot, turn heat down to low and cover for 45 minutes, stirring when necessary
- Remove chicken and shred it with 2 forks and then return it to the soup
- Serve into bowls and garnish with sour cream, grated cheese and sliced avocado
“Success with a gluten-free diet comes down to double-checking ingredient labels, as gluten is often added to foods that you wouldn’t expect. Foods that contain gluten will be labeled as such.”-HealthLine
We hope that these gluten free recipes will tantalize your taste buds (while being easy on your stomach, of course). Choosing or living a gluten free lifestyle can be difficult, but not impossible with the right persistence. With the right guidance, your meals and cooking skills can be extraordinary.
Are you interested in more nutritious recipes?